Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter
Rosie The Riveter

Wednesday 5 January 2011

First Blog.

Hi,
I'm not expecting this to be a huge Internet sensation- i don't even care if no one sees it! It's just a place for me to write down my views and thoughts about various things that are happening in my life and in the world. I suppose it's so that my voice can be heard for once.


 I thought I'd start off by telling you about myself. I'm called Rosie, I'm 14, i live in Oxford (no, I'm not posh, i don't own a pony and I'm not a millionaire) and i go to a Private all girls school. You can see why people think I'm posh.
I'm not, just to stress the point. 
I have a lot of strong beliefs, but I'm not religious or anything. I'm a strong supporter of the Labour party and as much as i don't seem like 'the type' i really enjoy talking about politics. Unfortunately i tend to get very angry when discussing these matters. I also LOVE the NHS and get very angry when people diss it.
If you think it's sh*t then go private practice. Oh whats that? You 'can't afford' it? Well stop complaining about the free health care that we all get in this country and be grateful that you don't live in a country which has no NHS and families have to spend all their wages on simple procedures meaning their quality of life is worse, meaning more illness and the cycle goes on. I understand how when someone is being treated for an illness, things can go wrong- But tbh that's not the entire health care systems fault is it? That's down to a fault in the staff, or even a hospital fault. But PLEASE do not blame the NHS which has saved so many lives over the years that it's been running.
I think now would be a good time to talk about my family. My dad is a GP (NHS) and my mum was a nurse, now turned senior lecturer at Oxford Brookes University teaching about health and social care (Nursing) You can see where i get my firm NHS beliefs from. I have a Brother, called Charles, who is 12 at the moment but blimey- you wouldn't believe it. I'm 5ft 7 so he must be about 5ft 8/9? It's crazy. Even though he's my brother i still can't believe that he's 12 sometimes, he just seems so grown up. But then again, i forget that I'm only 14 sometimes. I suppose it's just the way I've been brought up- I'm very independent, and get treated like a respected adult. Which is a good thing. I won't stand for being treated like a child- I'm a young woman and i don't need to be looked down on for that.
Although.. I suppose if i was brought up to be treated like a child i wouldn't have the mindset that i do now so i probably wouldn't mind.
In my mind, i suppose I'm a feminist. There are three things which make me really angry in life, people making fun of the NHS, the Conservative party, and the idea that a woman needs a man or to be married to have a good life. I believe in the equality of the sexes, and i don't like it when people have an attitude that i need help just because I'm a girl. Whether it's physical or mental, i can do anything just as good as a man can- Well except being a d***head.
Sorry, i don't usually swear, but i told you, it's the things that I'm going to be writing about that make me really angry so.... You have been warned.

The Tories.

Oh where do i start? 

Because I'm from Oxford and i come from a well-off background, people automatically think that i support the Tories. Well i don't.
My mum's side of the family are very strong Labour supporters and i have been involved in many discussions about politics and what the Tories have done in the past which was so terrible from a young age, so i have practically been brainwashed.
I mean, that sounds like a bad thing, but to be honest, I'm glad I've been put in that mindset, because now I'm old enough to make up my own mind and i actually understand everything which is going on, i do support Labour. Yes, obviously they have made mistakes in the past, but so have every other party, and i think they have genuinely done so much more to help this country then the Tories who only look out for the rich. I am normally associated with the Tories because usually they are rich- so they support the party that supports the rich. As i have said before, my family is not rich, but we are in mo means poor. I would rather some posh rich idiots lost a bit of money and had to move into only a 6 bedrooms house with only 15 acres of land and the rest of the country- The normal people, got a better quality of life and could live properly. As for David Cameron, he can sling his hook because I'm not going to waste my time talking about some shiny-faced idiot who knows nothing about politics.

Gordon Brown. Bless him. Just because the Media made him sound like a sour faced git doesn't mean he was. The media do actually exaggerate things! believe it or not, and to me, Gordon Brown seems like a sweet guy who was just trying to do his job, but had the Media in his face the whole time trying to get some dirt about him. Well i think that's terrible. He was driven out of office and that's a really sad thing to happen. He hadn't done anything wrong. There isn't just one person controlling the country in a democracy, there are many people's views that need to be considered in order for change to happen. Well guess what, that's politics so it's not Gordon Browns fault that the economy faltered- I'm sure some of the changes made to the country were backed by Tory MPs and Mr Brown was against it!

I'd love to meet him one day. Just to see what he's really like.


Well, That's been my first blog, and I'm sure there will be a flurry of posts to come from me, and then I'll forget all about my account.

let's hope that doesn't happen!

Rosie, The Labour-loving Tory-hating NHS-supporter feminist child.
xxx

1 comment: