Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter
Rosie The Riveter

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Musicians

Hi,
I do some singing in my spare time - not that I'm any good, but i thought it'd be nice to put up a list of all the people who inspire me and keep me going with my music when i really can't be bothered with it anymore.

1. Paloma faith- Okay first thing first, she's beautiful! And i love the fact that she's not a fake barbie stereotype and she doesn't care what others say about her. She has a unique style in her singing and music as well as in her dress sense. I really want to see her perform live because I've heard it's just amazing!<3
2. Lily Allen- She's an amazing singer, and I've been told that i have a similar voice to her which literally made me explode! She's so pretty as well, and i know this will sound condescending, but she has been incredibly brave and has had to deal with the media poking around and trying to get up in her business, so i think she's amazing for that<3
3. Paolo Nutini- He has such an amazing voice and my god he's fit! Haha, that sounds stupid for someone who's meant to be 'inspiring' but his music is so uplifting and whenever I'm feeling down I'll put some Paolo on and everything will be okay again.<3
4.Ellie Goulding- Her voice is so unique and special and it just makes me happy to hear it. Her album has such a range of songs, so there's always a song to fit with my mood. She also seems like a genuinely nice person as well, which you can often find with good singers that they don't make an effort to be nice to their fans or other people around them.<3

Example is mighty fine and he makes good music too. (I have an example t-shirt and scarf. I'm a loner :P )

Wobbly Squadron are a band that just make such awesome dance music, we had them playing at my uncle's festival and they were brilliant! Check them out.

People i do not like so much:

1. Justin Bieber- I don't mind his music, it's not great, but i can listen to it. The problem however, is him. He makes out that he's the greatest and everyone loves him, but quite honestly, they don't. He doesn't seem to be nice to his fans or to his haters, which just shows that fame really can turn kids into brats.
2. Selena Gomez- She's never had a big hit. She can go away.
3. Rhianna- LOVE her music, and i used to love her. In the 'olden days' when she did the album 'Good Girl Gone Bad' she was brilliant and i really respected her, but her recent stuff is okay, but she seems to have gone... weird. All her songs are really dirty and she's lost the whole 'innocent' 'nice girl' look that she had. I guess she meant to do this, but tbh i don't like it, and i feel that she's lost some of her audience. Still think she's beautiful though.<3
4. MUSE- they're so pretentious and cocky. It's just some idiot making whiny noises with some guitar in the background. What's the point?


GOOD MUSIC:
-Example
-Professor green
-Wobbly Squadron
-Lily Allen
-Paolo Nutini
-Paloma Faith
-Ellie Goulding
-Special Benny
-Rhianna (Old music)
-Plan B
-Take Thant (New album)


Sorry i won't do many of these, i just thought it would be nice..

Rosie xxx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE MUSE!!! YOU MONSTER!!!!!!! AND YOU FORGOT COLDPLAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete