Rosie the Riveter

Rosie the Riveter
Rosie The Riveter

Saturday 8 January 2011

School

Something which really gets on my nerves is the way that teachers don't understand different students. They are usually very good at their job, and educate people well, but don't understand each students needs.
For Instance, I learn well by listening and writing information down but I hate answering questions because it puts pressure on me to be right and I don't see the point of me being distracted from my work to answer a question that I don't know, but want to learn- So why can't someone who knows the answer answer it and I learn from what they've said?
What's the point in penalising students over their learning style. This is basically stopping them from learning and stunting their education. When a student is forced to answer a question when they don't want to- and they get it wrong, it makes them feel embarrassed and affects their confidence in the subject, making them think that they aren't any good and don't understand it.
I have no problem with teachers wanting peole to answer questions- just don't force kids to, or i'm telling you, they will start to hate you and the subject.

But the main thing that annoys me is that there is no way of feeding back this to the teachers and the school. They don't care about our views! uuugghh

Rosie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment